Hello I’m Rev. Sean Young, Senior Pastor of Second Liberty Baptist Church.
Thanks for visiting our site.
Second Liberty Baptist exists to reach the world, and our community, for Christ and His Kingdom! Through weekly worship, instruction, building relationships and serving others, our aim is to point as many people as possible to our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. We welcome all people, of all races and nationalities, to experience the love of God through worship, instruction, fellowship, and evangelism.
Our Core Beliefs:
- We believe…that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, meaning it is without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
- We believe…in one God, who is the Creator of all things, who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are co-eternal and co-equal in divinity and power.
- We believe…in the deity of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death on a cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal, imminent return.
- We believe…man was created by and for God; because of man’s disobedience to God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
- We believe…the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial death and are, therefore, in the right relationship with God.
- We believe…in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers, enabling and empowering the life and ministry of the believer.
- We believe…in the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived; the everlasting joy of those in right relationship with God in His heaven which He has prepared for His children, and the everlasting punishment of Hell for those who have rejected God’s forgiveness in His Son.